[TowerTalk] Grounding Rod Lenght

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding Rod Lenght
From: James <jameswarren@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:37:14 -0600
I'm disagreeing with a manager about the length of grounding rods.

He's a former small town independent telephone outside plant manager
and said they used 4' rods, so if it was good enough for the telephone
company, its good enough for his satellite and two-way radio installations.

When I did southwestern Bell contract, they required 8' rods on everything,
which is more in line with current National Electric Code.

I tried a Google search for NEC Sections 210 and 850 (?) that pertain to
ground, but only found references and no direct quotable links.

Any help on this?