[TowerTalk] A subtle question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] A subtle question
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:22:27 -0700
When I first asked myself this question, I thought the answer was "it
probably doesn't matter", but after a while I wasn't so sure. Perhaps
you can help. Here it is:

I use a full body harness when climbing, and also I wear a lineman's
belt. The belt is the kind with two D-rings on each side for a
positioning lanyard. The body harness has a single D-ring in the back
for a double-lanyard fall arrestor.

My question is, which should go on first? In other words, is the
lineman's belt worn on top of the body harness or underneath it? As
long as there is no emergency, it probably does not matter, but what
if there is? Is there a best practice, and why?

If this has been discussed before, please forgive me but I don't
recall it. All comments welcome.

Bill W6WRT