[TowerTalk] Rust Inhibiting Paint for Steel Towers - Suggestions Needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rust Inhibiting Paint for Steel Towers - Suggestions Needed
From: SavageBR@aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:10:57 EST
Not sure how it would perform in your area, but I use "Trailercoat" by Petitt.
It is a urethane paint for boat trailers that get immersed in water when
launching a boat. It forms a moisture proof?? barrier against rust on
galvanized steel. Two coats are recommended. It is available in most
marine/boat stores for about $18.00 a quart. It seems to adhere well to rusty
surfaces and provide a pretty good seal.
When I paint a tower section, I use a brush and a mitt to apply the paint. You
can apply the second coat in 2-4 hrs.
Good luck
Bruce AA4Z
Savannah Ga.