Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Choice....Yaesu 2800 or Yaesu 1000??

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k1ge@edson.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Choice....Yaesu 2800 or Yaesu 1000??
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 19:02:01 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2007 5:39:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  We are putting up a new tower and will have a 3 element  SteppIR on it.
The
wind load for this antenna is well under the spec for  the Yaesu 1000 BUT we
have had
2 occasions in the last 6 months to have  winds gusting to well over 80 mph.
Would the Yaesu 2800 be a better choice  given our wind conditions on top of
a hill here in New Hampshire  ???

    Well, the K Factor of the G1000 is 1664 ft-lbs  and the rating for the 3L
antenna is about 840 so I'd say you've got plenty of  capacity. If it was me
I wouldn't spend twice as much for the G2800.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH