To: towertalk@contesting.com, KD0BVK@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 67, Issue 94
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:24:48 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/2008 4:02:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  An anecdote on the SteppIR since it came up a few times- a  local ham had
half an element simply fall off of his, pulling the metal  strip out and
leaving him with a 2 1/2 element beam and an un-retractable  metal strip
flapping in the wind.

>  When he inquired as to  the possibility of getting replacement parts to
fix it he was pretty much  ignored.  It's getting to be something of a
running joke around here  how he's not able to get customer service at
all for  this.

Good grief. A second-hand  anecdote. Maybe it was third-hand.

        I know the SteppIR guys  personally and have been to the factory
several times. I've installed more  SteppIR antennas than anyone else in the
world, including 6 MonstIRs.

        Are there SteppIR failures?  I'm sure there are. When you sell
several thousand antennas, even a small  failure percentage means there are a
bunch.
One-percent of 3000 is 30. Maybe  that's a high number. I don't know.

        Does SteppIR ignore  customer problems? Not in my experience. My
experience is that they bend over  backwards to take care of their customers.

        I don't think this is the  whole story but I don't know. This second-
or third-hand speculation isn't real  productive. I hope everything works out
okay.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -