Re: [TowerTalk] Surface Rust on Rohn 25

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rtnmi@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Surface Rust on Rohn 25
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:20:46 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2007 9:02:04 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  What is the best method, type and brand of products to use  for getting
rid of surface rust from Rohn 25.

>  I have already  gotten Scotch Brite Pads for cleaning, but there are so
many brands and  possibilities of Primers and Cold Galvanizing
Paint Sprays I would like to  hear from experience rather than reinvent the
wheel.

    Cold galvanizing spray paint is plenty. With  those you get what you pay
for. The cheaper ones don't adhere very well or  coat. LPS makes a good one
and _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)  has some too.

I don't know if using a primer coat adds anything  or not.

Cheers
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH