[TowerTalk] Ratchet cable pullers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ratchet cable pullers
From: SE060676@shellus.com (Effinger SH (Sam) @MSXSOPC)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:41:28 -0500
There are several in the Grainger catalog has anybody had any experience
with them.  I am going to buy three and have ordered 3 of the Klein
model 1685-20 parallel jaw grips for gripping the guy wire..Looking for
any     comments...

I put up a 4 sloper system for 80 meters this week . I cut it for 3.775
but it
came at 3665 for lowest vswr...Is this normal ???  It's hard to see much
front to back but that could be due to the time of year..The sloper
system is
configured so the open coax adds to the  un-used antenna causing it to
act like reflectors.. 73/Sam  K9SD
Sam Effinger
SIET- Utilities