[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 rotator plate modification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 rotator plate modification
From: RHealy@mdsroc.com (Healy, Rus)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 10:05:14 -0400
Gang,

I want to stick a Rohn 25 rotator plate into the tower in a place where
it's not meant to be installed (ie, not at the top or bottom of a
section). I'm willing to cut the plate if necessary--and I think it will
be--but I'm unwilling to cut the Z braces from the tower section.

Any suggestions on how much material needs to come out of the plate? I'm
thinking of cutting three triangular notches along the sides of the
plate so that I can put the plate halfway between the spots where the Z
braces are welded to the tower. It won't go at the welds no matter what,
unless I do something more involved.

Thanks in advance. I'll post a follow-up if there' sufficient interest.

--73, Rus, NJ2L
nj2l@mdsroc.com