[TowerTalk] Guying Rohn Foldovers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying Rohn Foldovers
From: Wells@mail.dec.com (Rick Wells)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 23:01:21 -0400
Anyone know why Rohn specs their foldover towers with the GAS604 screw-in guy
anchors?

I am planning for the 64' 45G (FK4564) and would rather dig a hole, mix some
concrete and use the GAR30s, I think!  Wouldn't that be a better solution?  The
GAS604 is spec'ed at 2500 lbs holding power, whatever that is.  By my rough
math, that would be somewhere between a 3b and a 3c anchor block reference Rohn
drawing C 620643.

The other thing that's bothering me is purchasing the Rohn double ground guy
kit.  A) it comes with the screw-in anchors and B) it includes the hardware for
"conventional" tripple clamping the ends of the 1/4" EHS cable.  I've seen the
big grip (dead ends) at another ham's QTH and they look like a cleaner and
easier to install solution.  Please give me some advice.  Should I just get the
double ground guy kit and do that or order a la cart the pieces parts that I
want/need?  Wonder if the GAR30s at 7' long are UPSable??

TNX in advance es 73,
Rick, W2RW