[TowerTalk] Tower Support for Wire Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Support for Wire Antennas
From: Wells@mail.dec.com (Rick Wells)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 21:32:04 -0400
I want to use my soon to be Rohn 45G foldover for a center support for wire
dipoles for 160, 80 & 40.

Questions:

1. How do you hang/attach the dipole's center balun (W2AU or the like) to the
tower?  I was considering a 4 ft. piece of aluminum angle bracket U-bolded to
two of the legs.

2. With respect to Q1, is there any problem with clamping Aluminum to the
galvanized tower due to the dissimilar metals?

3. And assuming you're basically using this method, how far away from the tower
(how long of an arm) would you hang the dipole center baluns?