[TowerTalk] Stacked C3's VS C3XL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked C3's VS C3XL
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:35:18 -0700
Thanks to all who provided input to my question.

Everyone that responded said to go with the stack.  Even Tom N6BT.  Here
are some of the reasons:

More gain than the C3XL!
More Versatility-Upper/Lower/Both-Multiple direction of spray
Less torque on the tower
C3's can be used on 12/17M
C3's weigh a lot less
The cost of 2 C3's is less than the C3XL but not by much.  Add in the
matching box and it is about the same if you have the side mount setup.

One other piece of advice.  I was told that you should mount lower
frequency  antennas below higher frequency antennas.  I think this is
talked about in Tom's book Array of Light.  I have ordered it.

Force 12 is now selling a side mount.  I think Tom said the price is
around $250.00  it is in their new catalog.

Good luck to all

Mike
W0MU