[TowerTalk] HF remote controlled stations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF remote controlled stations
From: morel.grunberg@telrad.co.il (Morel Grunberg)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 15:59:35 +0300
I'm living in a very densely populated  area with a lot
of electrical noise from HV lines and a bad antenna
location due to a lot of taller buildings around. For
this reason I've decided to install a HF complete station
on the sea beach, about 150' from the water line on the
roof of a hotel which manager is an old friend. I'm
living about 2 miles from this point and I don't have
any problem to reach the remote QTH by VHF/UHF
link or regular phone line .

I intend to remote from my home a HF transceiver, a
automatic-tune amplifier 500-1KW output, 2 beams
mounted on same tower/rotator, a vertical and a wire
antenna.

My questions are:

* what amplifiers can be remote controlled by a RS-232
  link ( I know only about the AlphaPower 87A model and
  maybe JRC-2000 ) ? Which software is doing the job ?
  Is the software able to indicate the forward & reflected
  output power on same window ?
* what antenna switch matrix can be remote controlled in
  same manner ( I know only the AlphaPower ). Is Alpha
  supplying a common software for the 87A and antenna
  switch ? Can they be controlled at same time ?
* what antenna rotator can be remote controlled ( I know
  only about Yaesu G-1000SDX and G-2800 ) ? Is Yaesu
  supplying the needed software ?
* Is there any software package available today capable to
  integrate on same data stream all the transceiver features
  and commands, the TX/RX audio, the amplifier on/off switch
  and bandswitch, antenna selecting switch and rotator control ?
  or I have to use 2-3 separate links ? What are the proper
  modems for this ? The new Kachina Communications 505-DSP
  PC-controlled transceiver seems to solve a part of the problems
  and I beleive that their remote control feature combine the TX/RX
  audio from the SoundBlaster with the rig features commands
  stream. Any other aplicable solutions ?

Please reply directly to my e-mail:   morel.grunberg@telrad.co.il

73 de Morel, 4X1AD