Re: [TowerTalk] Isoloop Packing

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Isoloop Packing
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:02:53 EST

> And the trouble, if I recall correctly, is that the Isoloop radiator is
> welded to the tuning capacitor to reduce losses, so taking it apart would
> not be possible.

Having never seen an Isoloop up close this may be a dumb question - but:
Could the weld be cut with a Dremel tool or, better yet, a plasma cutter and
then rewelded when the antenna got to its new home? VoTec schools are usually
glad to help one out with these strange projects, or at least the ones around
here are.

73, Don - K4BEV