Re: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik SK

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik SK
From: "Jeff Carter" <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:23:39 -0400
I think there's a feeling among some that the site is sort of like a
World Heritage Site, and that the work contained therein is more a
living monument to a great man than something to be carelessly tossed
behind a registration screen mere hours after his death.  At this
point, there are many more Amateur Radio Greats who have gone SK than
ones remaining.  What other name comes to mind with regard to antenna
work that goes as deeply into the physics as Cebik's, yet remains
totally understandable and accessible to any given Amateur Radio
licensee?

While I see both sides, I tend to feel like if he'd wanted it behind a
registration screen, that's the way he would have had it.  Out of
respect, I'd probably have left it alone as it was, and if I didn't
want to pay for the bandwidth anymore, I might have found someone
willing to continue my friend's legacy.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Jeff/KD4RBG