Re: [TowerTalk] Coax soldering

To: pstark@suddenlink.net, richard@karlquist.com, W1JCW@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax soldering
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:24:12 EDT
Pete, the problem is there are no instructions for connecting coax to open
wire.We were talking about fishing the center conductor through the braid
to do  the job. No connector involved at all in this case.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/21/2009 5:16:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
pstark@suddenlink.net writes:

I have  followed the mfg instructions to the letter for almost 50 years as
ham  and 31 in broadcast tv and radio.  Very few problems with solder or
crimp connectors.  When I did have a problem, it was because I didn't
follow
instructions. Directions for connectors are in the handbook.   Fishing the
braid thru the holes is loony.  Need heat?  Use one  of the mini-torches.
Use flux and a little vise.

It is vital  that instructions be followed on heliax type cable. To the
letter.

Pete K4OM