Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with MA550 tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, gdslagel@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with MA550 tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 12:02:24 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/2008 8:37:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Anyone have favorable/unfavorable comments about this  tower?

    On the plus side, aesthetically they're pretty  reasonable. This is a
light-duty tower with a limited amount of capacity. If  you live in a windy
area,
I'd be pretty careful.

>  I'm thinking of a used one and, looking at the 4 eham  reviews, there's a
lot of talk about moving towers and needing to add guy  wires.

    Huh?!? Where does the manufacturer specify  guy-wires? More amateur
engineering. :-(  My advice is to follow the LXC  Prime Directive to "DO what
the
manufacturer says." The reverse is also  true.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams