[TowerTalk] Broken Tower Safely Nested

To: towertalk@contesting.com, cefarr@hughes.net
Subject: [TowerTalk] Broken Tower Safely Nested
From: FOC1652@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:57:56 EDT
unbolted the broken gearbox and windlass and uncoiled all of  the cable off of
the drum. I then hooked the cable to my tractor, put tension on  the cable
and took the come along out of the equation. I then slowly backed the  tractor
up toward the tower base and everything safely nested down on the metal  pipes
I placed to take the tension completely off of the cable. Slick as a  whistle
and no personal damage. I am now trying to run down parts for the gear  box.

Thanks to those who gave me sage advice on this  potentially dangerous
project.

73, Tommy,  W6IJ

deal here.