[TowerTalk] pirod towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] pirod towers
From: BobK8IA@aol.com (BobK8IA@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 9 16:52:53 2003
In a message dated 3/9/2003 9:15:36 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
EL34GUY@aol.com writes:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know much about the Pirod freestanding tower line? Ive never
> seen
> them to see how they are built. Anyone with experience out there on this
> tower? Thanks and 73
>
> Mark
> W0NCL

Mark;

Pirod has been doing towers in the commercial/industrial market for years.
They are a very well respected company and have engineered many large
projects. Before I moved to AZ I was a consultant in MI on a statewide
digital trunked radio/microwave system that utilized 183 of their towers and
most were freestanding from 250-485 feet tall.

You don't see many of them in the ham scene since they are, by most ham
standards, probably cost prohibitive. I do know that K8RR has a 100 foot
freestanding Pirod he uses in Upper MI.

73,Bob K8IA
Mesa, Arizona USA
near the Superstition Mtns