Re: [TowerTalk] More possible RCS8V problems

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More possible RCS8V problems
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:35:34 EST
have lightning hit.  Even less than a full hit will pit  the contacts and
cause problems.

If it is just oxidation, like the first case, I loosened the spring and
disassembled it. Then I used jewelry cleaner on a  cotton swab to clean it.
That
always did the trick.

If it was lightning damage, you could go several ways...not use  that relay
or unsolder the old one and replace it, kind of a PITA.

I have used the RCS-8s for years and love em.

Bill K4XS/KH6