Re: [TowerTalk] yaesu rotors

To: towertalk@contesting.com, whudsondo@bright.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] yaesu rotors
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:44:13 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/2008 5:33:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Am putti9ng up a KT36XA at 120 ft and am thinking of rotors.  The T2X wont
survive much in Ohio winter and spring winds

Dude!

    You're right - not the best  choice.

>  Prositel is too big and cumversome and I worry abt  service.

    They have good points and not so good  ones.

>  Yaesu is questionable. I had one and it worked for  less than a yr.are they
any better now and can you get them fixed in the  US

        Which one? The 2800 seems  to be a pretty robust rotator with very
good reliability. I've seen some big  stuff turned with one.

        The best rotator on the  market today? The Orion 2800 with a Green
Heron controller and my Orion  mast-clamp. The combination totally eliminates
the 1 fatal problem and 1  semi-fatal problem if you were to use the factory
stuff.

        The mast-clamp is $150  and is very strong, using 6 U-bolts.

Cheers & GL,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH

listings at AOL Autos.