[TowerTalk] It's where you live Re: towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] It's where you live Re: towers
From: Greenacres113@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:08:33 EDT
Unfortunately it's where you live. I'm in rural  Tennessee. In the country as
it's called here. No restrictions on anything. I  currently have 8 small
[under 55'] towers up.
When we built our home we did  everything above the foundation ourselves. I
needed a Perk test for a septic  field BEFORE I was allowed electric service.
Figure that out.  Couldn't get  1 without fist getting the other.The county
building permit was $20 with NO time  limit ! I was told the county had 2
building inspectors who were busy with  commercial construction. No time for
rural
residental inspections. The exact  quote was:  Just do a good  job 'cause you
got to live in it  !
In my county the temp. electric meter used during the building had to be on
a round post where the next county over it had to be a square post. No
exceptions. Again figure that out.
In my other life in the Chicago suburbs it  was not so. They wanted fee
permits if you wanted to paint your house or plant  trees.
Ever heard of 'the moving away tax'. My suburb charged a fee [ $100]  to
inspect the house before the new owner moved in. Nothing to do with the real
estate deal just a way to get a $100 when you left their wonderful town.
In  this rural area I guarantee it's who you know or are related to that
trumps a  lot of things. But I have the antenna farm I dreamed of....

k9il

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.