Re: [TowerTalk] sealing goop

To: k5fnq@cox.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sealing goop
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:52:55 EDT

Art, I wonder if a series of short heat shrink tubes might be substituted
for the missing boot?

Each one maybe  an inch or inch and half long, overlapped maybe half  to
three quarters inch, say a total of four pieces.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 7/31/2008 7:45:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
k5fnq@cox.net writes:

Any  ideas on the better types of sealing goop for parts on towers, etc.

I  have an older Yaesu Rotator with the plug for the control cable.  No boot
available to cover the plug connection.  To much chance of tai tai's  and
mi-mings getting in there (also possibly gremmies) so I want to seal  it all
up.

I want to goop it to keep out water, etc.

Then,  after applying goop do I further seal it with electrical tape?

What  have we out there?
Tnx & 73,
Art  K5FNQ

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.