[TowerTalk] OR-2800 pigtail connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] OR-2800 pigtail connector
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 31 09:39:51 2003
In a message dated 5/31/03 6:14:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mcduffie@actcom.net writes:

> Several people have mentioned "butt splicing".  I'm not sure what
>  they are talking about, but I wouldn't add any more hardware to the
>  connections than necessary.  Solder the rubber connectors directly
>  to the cable and be done with it.  Never trust a mechanical
>  connection when you don't have to.

    Always good advice.

    A butt connector is a double female solderless crimp connector where you
poke a wire in each end, crimp, splicing the wire together. I've used hundreds
of them over the years mostly for rotator control cables with no failures so
used properly are FB. The insulated ones can also be left out in the wx with
no special wxproofing and no problems.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -