Re: [TowerTalk] Bencher Skyhawk

To: towertalk@contesting.com, grf@uneedspeed.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bencher Skyhawk
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:29:44 EST

In a message dated 11/4/2008 8:36:51 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I'm considering the purchase of a Bencher Skyhawk.   Anyone ever used
one?  Pleased?  Not pleased?  Any serious  issues?

        The original electrical  design for the Skyhawk was done by K3LR. a
well-known contest station owner and  builder, and WA3FET, Dr. Jim Breakall who
was one of the designers of the  NEC antenna design program and it placed
very high in our tribander comparison  report (available from
www.championradio.com) so you wouldn't be making a  mistake by buying one.
(Mosleys are another
story.)

Cheers,