[TowerTalk] cablewave cable/HARDLINE ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cablewave cable/HARDLINE ?
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:20:46 EDT
Hi Sam,  this is a 1/2", 50 ohm cable. The more recent models carry an "FXA"
before the number, which denotes a smooth outer jacket (not corrugated like
Heliax) and an "FLC" would indicate more flexible, corrugated like Heliax.
If these ID's are not before the # you have, chances are it is an old cable.
A basic, std., FXA  1/2" now LISTS for about $ 2.50 per ft and we sell it for
around $1.80.

We also sell Heliax, Times and CableWave factory connectors at discount, or
custom built hard line connectors for about half the cost.

To determine the age of the cable, try calling CableWave at 203 630 3311 (fax
821 3852)nd see if they can run down any info on the longer # you have.
$1.00 per foot sounds real good but suggest you test the cable first with an
MFJ analyzer or whatever.  If I can be of further help, just contact me.
regards, Steve Davis, K1PEK, DAVIS RF Co.
---------------------
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, Poly Phaser Lightning Protection Devices.
Various aerial wiring; transmission lines, insulators, baluns, RF connectors
and Dacron rope.  www.davisRF.com .  1-800-328-4773, (For all RF hardline
related items, please ask for Steve Davis)   Thank you!
"The Triad":  Davis RF Co.; Orion Wire Corp.; and The Wire Man, Inc.:
Variegated expertise; resources and buying power yielding numerous quality
products at highly competitive pricing.

In a message dated 6/4/99 12:03:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
SE060676@MSXSOPC.SHELL.COM writes:

<<  have found a local fellow with some Cablewave new for sale at  $1/foot

 I am not familiar with this cable and want some information and on the loss
 factor .  Also if it's a good price...

 the following is written on the cable

 cablewave Systems16733-81018-001  FLC 12-50   the rest is pretty
 distorted...

 I am confident I can get the price down a little from the asking price of
 $1/foot but I don't know if I will want the cable...