Re: [TowerTalk] Lift Mast to Replace Rotator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lift Mast to Replace Rotator
From: Bill Steffey <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 12:02:44 -0500
with my 72 crankup, i have to extend the tower to get the rotor out ( orion2800). That puts it even higher than 23 feet ( the collapsed height of the tower).  Sooo i tilt it over, extend enough to get to the rotor, brace the tilted tower & brace the mast... insert a wood fixture to hold the mast securely centered within the  tower,,, then bottle jack the mast from the top platform above the thrust bearing.

worked twice.. ( that rotor is HEAVY)

bill

On 12/26/2019 5:02 PM, John Sloop wrote:
I'm looking for suggestions to lift mast, with antennas just enough to
replace the rotator, which is a Ham III.  Rotator is shelf mounted about 2
feet below the top thrust bearing.  All ideas are appreciated.

John S.

AA0ES