[TowerTalk] Cushcraft Trap Cleaning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft Trap Cleaning
From: ValErwin@aol.com (ValErwin@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:40:08 EDT
Dick:

If you truly have a "carboned up trap", that would seem to indicated that
there has been some significant arcing and/or burning of the plastic
insulating material.  My experience has been that no amount of cleaning will
solve the problem!  Why? Typically, when damage of this nature occurs, there
is carbon tracking on or within the insulating material. When this occurs,
once the trap is cleaned up, regardless of what whiz-bang magic cleaner you
use, it is just a matter of time before it arcs along the same carbon-tracked
path again!

What's the solution?  Dig into to yo' pocket and buy a new trap or find a
good used one at the local hamfest!

GL

Val
W5PUT