[TowerTalk] Balun question - tnx!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun question - tnx!
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:53:49 EDT
Howdy, Towertalkians -

    My recent balun question was precipitated by a  F12 balun failure
(actually there were 2 out of 5 bad ones) during a  project I'm working on
including
a 14L 6M beam on a 56' boom! The workaround was  to get a regular balun for
another of the HF F12 antennas and move that  balun over to the 6M since it's
rated to 60 mHz or so. For awhile I thought we  were in trouble since we didn't
have time to have F12 overnight us a  replacement. But all's well that ends
well.

    Thanks to everyone that sent a thoughtful response  - I appreciate it.
BTW TT currently has 1687 members!

Cheers,
Steve  K7LXC