Re: [TowerTalk] permit in hand

To: "K7LXC@aol.com" <K7LXC@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] permit in hand
From: "bill rubin" <brubin2010@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 09:06:34 -0500
Steve,

The intention here was not to "bitch-about-the-government" but rather bring
attention to the issue(s).   In my case i believed the need to have a PE
stamp on each page did not bring any more value of safety. I had a letter
with a PE stamp from Rohn referencing the design. But was not sufficient.
If we let State and local governments place too many road blocks in the way
then no one will be permitted to have a tower.  So this is related to the
reflector.

Again, to all my road blocks for permit were small in comparison as compare
to others, but why should we tolerate it ?

I agree 100% that installations need to be safe. But what is reasonable to
prove that it is safe ?
If any HAM wants to put up a tower why should they be told no you cant put
up any tower, or not you cant put up a 65' tower in town, or 140' in the
countryside ?

In my opinion HAM towers have been put in the same category as Cell towers
because local governments to not know how to address them separately.   We
are not commercial operations, we do not have funds as a corporations, or a
legal department.... etc.