[TowerTalk] Modeling and reality.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling and reality.
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:17:34 EST
In a message dated 3/20/2001 13:34:22 Eastern Standard Time,
cdietz@swbell.net writes:

>  That's strange, I have built a number of 10 meter yagis ranging from 5
>  elements on a 24 foot boom to 7 elements on a 48 foot boom and each of them
>  has performed EXACTLY as modeled.  Maybe you are doing something wrong...

We talking verticals close to ground not Yagis way up.
Yep, it must be me (and K2KW and others who played with verticals close to
ground, and variety of grounds.)
When we measure radiators (impedance, resonant frequency, etc.) there is
discrepancy between the models and reality. I have been using AO, EZNEC with
Mininec and precision grounds, regular, salty,  sweet ... just as books and
gurus say.
When I calculate it looks nice on paper (screen) but out of whack. When I
measure the stuff and adjust, then it plays. So I guess I will keep doing it
wrong way :-)

fun (sucks) fun (sucks)

Yuri