[TowerTalk] Gin Pole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 10:12:57 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/98 11:15:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
kc5ajx@hotmail.com writes:

> bout 65 or 70 miles
>  away) or just sinking a tower section for the base. The only place I can
>  find that sells gin poles is HRO and it lists for $499.95

Don't get discouraged. Check with local clubs. Every where I have lived, we
have formed a "Beam Team" or "Quad Squad" where different folks owned
different antenna raising equipment like gin poles, tram cable, come-alongs
and we would share them and our labor. That stuff is too expensive to buy when
you might use it only once every couple of years. Sometimes, you have to
volunteer your labor to other antenna projects, first, to get on the Team or
Squad.

Tom, K5RC/7