Re: [TowerTalk] W2SKE

To: w2ml@arrl.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W2SKE
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 05:50:49 +0000 (GMT)
Thanks Steve...I stand corrected.de Doug KR2Q----- Original Message -----From:
STeve Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2008 12:47 amSubject: W2SKETo:
kr2q@optonline.net, towertalk@contesting.com> >>The movie [To Win The World]
was narrated by Bill Leonard, > W2SKE (SK).> > >>For those of you who don't
know, Bill was VP at CBS News, > >>a famous "announcer" on par with Walter
Cronkite, and was the > author > >>of the famous Sports Illustrated article on
contesting.> > No, Bill was President of CBS News, not a VP.  He was a
producer> who was promoted to President while I worked at CBS and was >
responsible for giving us permission to put the 147.000 MHz> repeater at the
CBS microwave receive site at the world famous> Chrysler Building, making the
building one of the tallest> Amateur Radio towers in the world.> > An ardent 10
meter operator at K2GL in the early 70s when I> was there, Bill was also the
father of the CBS Amateur Radio> Club, now run by Bob, K2TV.> > HNY all....> >
-73- St
 eve, W2ML> >