Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 for 80m vertical?

To: brahmangou@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 for 80m vertical?
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:04:57 -0500
Hi Marty

I just built a tower out of Radio Shack TV tower - 8 inch face.  I used 50
feet of tower with a 15 foot piece of aluminum tubing out the top, and it is
a bit on the short side - I figure another foot would be better.  Base is
insulated, and I am using Phillystran guys.

Being a "large diameter" makes it more broadbanded - it covers the whole
band with under 2:1 SWR.  It only has around 30 radials right now - it is
the first part of my four square, and it works great :-)

Tom - VE3CX