[TowerTalk] steppIR 30/40 addon

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] steppIR 30/40 addon
From: "Ken Eigsti" <diverken@chaffee.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:47:32 -0700
Hi
I am wondering if anyone has added the 30/40 meter stepIR "add on" to an
existing 3 element stepIR yagi while the ant. was still on the tower?

My understanding is the newer ones have a "platform" that is already on the
boom but with older models you must drill some new holes in the boom. Has
anyone made this modification (drilling new holes) for the new "return"
platform, while the antenna is still on the tower? In other words can the
area to be drilled be reached from the tower?

73
Ken W0LSD