Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-89 rotator replacement - w/o tilting the tower over?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, brianmo@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-89 rotator replacement - w/o tilting the tower over?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:50:36 EST

In a message dated 12/30/2010 8:16:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll likely be  doing this (if the
weather
holds) over the next week or so & I'll take  some pictures and post a link
them.  An Orion 2800 is replacing  the Tailtwister FYI.

        Heartily recommend the  Green Heron controller. VAST improvement
over the factory version.

        Also, the Orion factory  mast clamps have 2 fatal problems that
lead to the inevitable loosening  up and antennas turning by themselves. The
very robust Champion Radio  clamps solve both problems. I've installed dozens
of the Orions over the years  and virtually 100% of them loosened up.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
_www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)
Cell: 206-890-4188