Re: [TowerTalk] Question re Sky Needle rotor cage

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question re Sky Needle rotor cage
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 17:12:44 +0000
Everything stretches and wears.  If you have enough adjustment range, take
out a full link and put in a half link.  Farm supply stores have all this
stuff.

Keeping a chain tight enough SHOULD involve idler sprockets on EACH side of
the chain (if a worm drive is used).   The idler sprockets are mounted
flexibly so that they can be tensioned and will float and absorb the shocks
from the wind and start/stop cycles.  Without this, stretch will be
accelerated and you will constantly be readjusting things.

Don
VE6JY