[TowerTalk] Will trees kill me, too? No.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Will trees kill me, too? No.
From: ag0n@arrl.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 10:15:34 -0600
On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:17:30 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>     All good tips. (Does 'skinning' a tree mean climbing it?)

Nope...  it means coming down the hard way.  Been there, done it, on a
pole.  No training, no experience, never seen spikes before, just did it
for a friend when I was MUCH younger and didn't know a thing about it.
I got up the pole fine, felt very awkward, looked worse.  Worked on his
rotor, and then started down.  It was only about a 40 footer, but I
gouged out about 25-30' up and rode it down, looking for friction all
the way.  Not cool.  Screwed up the shirt pretty bad too.  ;o)  I felt
lucky.

Get training first!

Gary

ag0n at arrl dot net
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws
--

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A

-----