[TowerTalk] R7 updates ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R7 updates ??
From: Ted.Boerkamp.0136422@nt.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: 9 Jul 1998 11:45:08 -0500
                      Subject:                              Time:  11:23 AM
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
  OFFICE MEMO         R7 updates ??                         Date:  7/9/98

Hello to all....I posted a msg a short while ago concerning
a problem with the operation of this vertical...it appears
to work ok on 10 and 40m and is intermittent on 15 and 20
(one minute swr looks good, the next its not)...after going
over the instruction manual and comparing measurements
with the actual vertical, i have found a descrepency with
one piece of aluminum tubing labelled "AE" on page 5 of the
instruction sheets....the piece located at measurement "E"
is actually already 18 inches long and the measurement
according to my sheets should be only 16 inches...has anyone
else experienced this situation....the other piece labelled "AE"
lower down at "D" measures 14 inches so its fine....did CC make
some kind of update to this vertical?? There is no 18 inch aluminum
tubing in the parts list....my instructions are dated 7/93...
i have also noticed that the 20m trap does not resemble what is
shown in the manual...the matching tubing across the trap is in a
"U" config where the ends(tips) are at the same level(like the 17m
trap but facing up) where the manual shows one end lower than
the other.....any comment or suggestions wud be appreciated...
73 ted ve3ss