[TowerTalk] CATV Hardline Articles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CATV Hardline Articles
From: jmarchand@ecrm.com (MarchandJohn)
Date: 11 Sep 1997 08:41:04 -0400
Hi All,

Just ran across 2 (OLD) articles in my archives:

First one is;  "Simple 75-ohm Hardline to 50-ohm Match"
                 By K9EYY, Ham Radio Magazine, June 1989
       It goes thru the math and construction of connectors for using 75 ohm
       1/4 wave matching transformers from CATV hardline to match 50 ohm Line.

Second is;     "Cutting Your Losses. A low loss transmission line (for free)"
               By Stan Jones, Monroe, La.  CQ Magazine, Nov. 1989.

       Describes using .412", 1/2", 3/4" CATV hardline (and connector
       installation) for long cable runs.

This may be old news to most of you major antenna farmers, but may be useful
to new comers and others who are thinking of constructing some bigger arrays.

Just send an E-Mail to me with a fax number and I'll send a copy to ya.

73 all,
John K1RC (ex-K1CGJ)
35 mi. NW of Boston