[TowerTalk] US Tower -- Pully Replacement?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower -- Pully Replacement?
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:29:27 +0000
K7LXC wrote:

>>NOT ONE WORD, of directions!
>
>     You're right. I don't know of ANY tower manufacturer that has the
>aforementioned directions. I imagine it's got something to do with liability
>exposure. It's probably better for them not to say anything than possibly open
>themselves to misinterpretation since tower manufacturers are insurance-driven
>companies.

One day, somebody is going to challenge that in court - most likely, it
will be some tower user's own insurance company, trying to recover the
costs of a big payout after an accident.

British courts would almost certainly enforce a "duty of care" to
provide adequate instructions, especially if the lack of them has
resulted in major personal injury or property damage.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek