[TowerTalk] antenna suggestion?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna suggestion?
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Wed Aug 6 09:12:47 2003
At 7:36 AM -0700 8/5/03, Al Williams wrote:
>My EZNEC modeling of horizontal dipole indicated off center feedpoint
>does not change the radiation pattern but does markedly change the
>feedpoint impedance!

Yes, but I bet your model did not (properly) include the _feedline_.
Unless this feedline is _seriously_ loaded with common-mode chokes,
it carries substantial common-mode current, which not only radiates,
it also feeds RF current to the AC power wiring of your house.  The
result is not only undesired radiation, but also dissipation and a
high received noise level.

-Chuck, W1HIS