[TowerTalk] 2 towers/2beams phased

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 towers/2beams phased
From: SPARHAWK@avtcorp.com (Bryan Sparrowhawk)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 08:49:13 -0800
Although he is planning on taking advantage of a 'preexisting' situation,
without a hi-lo set of beams isn't he loosing the ability to choose his
'take-off' angle'?  Will there be an additional advantage in azmuith gain
that equals/exceeds loosing this choice?
de KD7LS

>>> <K7LXC@aol.com> 03/27/97 08:29am >>>
In a message dated 97-03-27 05:19:03 EST, w7ni@teleport.com (Stan
Griffiths) writes:

I'm probably going to end up with two 60 foot towers, spaced about 100
ft,...  Although beams are generally stacked vertically, it
occurred to me that these antennas might be fed in phase to get more
gain on 20 meters.
 >  >

      Joe Rudi, NK7U, has built these stacks.  He calls them an echelon
stack since they are parallel to each other.  He is a TowerTalkian and
can be reached at nk7u@orednet.org.