[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling
From: zettel@homer.libby.org (Steve Zettel)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:19:45 -0700
Originally, I posted:

I'd like to get in touch with amateurs currently using K6STI's modeling
software, particularly AO, NEC/Wires, and TA. Purpose: to exchange
information regarding most effective use of the software, swap models (I
have several to offer), and in general start an informal discussion group
going to hopefully raise everyone's level of effectiveness using this very
powerful software. I am sure that I am not scratching the surface when it
comes to making best use of these tools.

Anyone interested, please reply direct.

Thanks,

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH
near Libby, MT USA

But I'd like to modify that in light of the excellent suggestion by Pete
Smith, who replied:

Steve, I'd be interested if it can be generalized beyond
K6STI-software-specific.  Seems to me there's a lot to learn about modeling
in general, particularly since most everyone's using either MININEC or
NEC-2 to do the actual computations.

73,

Pete N4ZR

I couldn't agree more. Although I have some questions specific to the
programs I use (which could be easily asked of Brian, K6STI), my overall
knowledge level concerning modeling, and expected antenna behavior in
general, is what could use the help.

I am not knowledgable enough about the nuts and bolts of running a
reflector, but am willing to give it a try with some mentoring, if there is
enough interest.

I am posting this to towertalk, topband and cq-contest, since there are a
good many knowledgable folks on each who have something to contribute (and
those, like me, that want to learn more and apply it to their 160M
antennas, contesting antenna farm, or simply populate a tower with the most
effective antennas possible).

I am open to suggestions, and am willing to serve as a focal point, if desired.

Steve  KJ7CH