[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms
From: dick@merlin.libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 10:00:53 -0700
At 7:32 AM -0700 4/18/97, Michael Mraz wrote:
>I rent a Bosch electric jackhammer and take the breaker tip out of the hammer.
>[...]
>It's never failed, even in our rocky glacial soil.

I've tried two different ones and our High Sierra hard pan killed both of
them.  :)  The top of the rods mushroomed nicely and the hammers got nice
and hot, but the rods stayed half-in and half-out of the ground.  It took
two laborers with sledge hammers an hour to get one rod the rest of the way
in.

Beautiful country up here, but effective grounding is a real nightmare!

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada
Visit http://wadg.greatbasin.net/siera/