[TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers
From: neader@centuryinter.net (Scott Neader)
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 22:15:19 -0500
>I am looking to install a freestanding tower.  I do know that I want to be
>in the 70 - 80" range and I do not care about clibing one.  I had
>intentions of Rohn 25, but the better half asked to go freestanding!!
>I know the major manufactures and some of the specs.  I am looking for the
>good/bad and what people suggest (no I will not get rid of the wife).
>I would be interested in used, but quality first.
>Is there one with a lot of failures?
>The install will more than likely have a TH6DXX and a 40-2CD on it.  I
>would be interested in having a second TH6 @ 50' (good/bad??) and a couple
>of wires for the low bands (slopers or inverted L's).
>TNX & I will post a summary if it warrants it.
>TNX Will KB2HUN

I asked the same question last August and heard nothing but good things
about Trylon Towers.  After a lot of analysis-paralysis, it looks like I'll
be buying one after all and getting it up (heh-heh) this summer.

There's a summary of comments I received about the Trylon towers on my web
site.  Go to:  http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/mail_summaries.shtml and you'll
find the Trylon summary under "Antennas, Towers, Feedline"

73 - Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / neader@QTH.com
Internet Solutions web: http://QTH.com/is   Ham web: http://QTH.com