[TowerTalk] HF beam against the wind.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF beam against the wind.
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:39:33 -0800
At 9:27 AM -0800 11/10/97, Charles H. Harpole wrote:
>Likewise, does it not follow that if a free-wheeling beam antenna turns in
>a specific direction, that fact is because that is the position of
>least pressure on its parts?

Weathervaning illustrates a position of =equal= pressure, not necessarily
minimum pressure.  Positions of equal and minimum pressure often coincide,
but I don't believe there is any physical law that says they have to.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/