[TowerTalk] Stacking 6M between TH11 and 402CD (SUMMARY)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking 6M between TH11 and 402CD (SUMMARY)
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 12:49:29 -0800
At 2:16 PM -0800 11/23/97, I wrote:
>I am in the process of installing a TH11 and 402CD (if I can get one more
>warm day before winter locks in).
>
>The TH11 will be 1 ft above the tower with the 402CD 12 feet above it.  I
>am considering mounting a Cushcraft A506S six meter yagi between them.  The
>A506S is a six element device on a 20 foot boom.
>
>I don't have any antenna modeling software and am curious if there might be
>any adverse reactions between these antennas.

The votes are in (thanks to ALL who responded) and the consensus is that a
six meter beam stacked between a TH11 and 402CD should not be the source of
any adverse interactions.  In fact, there were several confirmations that
this was an ideal addition to provide all seven bands from 6M through 40M
in one stack.

Two folks recommended going even further and adding a couple 2M and 450 MHz
beams while I was at it.  The very reasonable logic being that now was the
time to add antennas, not later.

Thanks, again, to all who took the time to respond.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/