[TowerTalk] Schedule 40 in New England

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Schedule 40 in New England
From: w6old@qsl.net (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:21:58 -0700
At 3:59 PM -0700 9/14/97, \"Dick Green\". wrote:
>Although I
>spec'ed a 3' x 3' x 6' hole, the excavator told me that it would be more
>like 3' x 4' x 6' because of the size of his bucket and how he would have to
>dig the hole. That was fine by me and the contractor bid a fixed price for
>the job.  For some reason, the excavator dug the hole too deep -- 8 feet!
Also, the upper part of the hole is more like 4' x 5'. In the end, it took 7
yards of concrete to fill the hole!

I had a similar "problem."  My contractor fix-bid a 5 x 5 x 7 tower footing
and then proceeded to build one 7 x 7 x 9 !  With over 16 yards of concrete
under it, I don't think my tower's going anywhere, either.  :)

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada (South of Reno)