[TowerTalk] Bill Hinkle/Screwdriver Ant.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bill Hinkle/Screwdriver Ant.
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 07:25:54 -0800
At 5:44 AM -0800 4/2/98, n8ug@juno.com wrote:

>Am I biased? - you bet - we proudly suppy them with a hard to believe
>quantity of coil wire, as we do for other private and commercial builders
>of Don Johnson's famous DK-3 invention( the original "screwdriver ant.")
>which is well on the way to become the most popular mobile HF antenna on
>the market. Bob brings a pile of them to Dayton every year, but never
>takes one home!

It's interesting to read Don Johnson's web page where he relates how none
of the commercial screwdriver manufacturers ever asked his permission to
use his patented design nor even acknowledge him.  He sounds just a tad
bitter toward them.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/