[TowerTalk] Trying to decide tower type

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trying to decide tower type
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 22:25:11 -0700
At 2:53 AM -0700 6/9/98, Pat Chiles wrote:

>2.  How does one unload an 1800 lbs of crank-up from the truck?  Is the
>truck
>    a flatbed or enclosed?  Would like to hear from those who have done it.

You won't know what kind of truck until it arrives, but in my case it was
an enclosed trailer.

I had a friend with a tractor that had two forks he could attach to the bucket.

Another friend arranged for an automobile tow truck that moved his tower
with a heavy duty sling.

In either case, have two or three helpers along to help walk the tower to
its staging area.

Good luck.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/